Friday, July 19, 2013

Firefighter Helmet Cake



Authentic Firefighter Helmet Cake
With the help of my husband, we worked on this cake to replicate a fire helmet.  The dome-shaped cake was frosted and draped in black fondant, and I tried very hard to capture some of the most important details.  From the stitching (my model happened to be a leather helmet) to the eagle holding the badge in place, there is a lot of important details that I knew a firefighter would appreciate.
This is a cake I hope to offer for retirements, promotions and birthday celebrations.  I can also place it atop a sheet cake so it will serve a larger crowd (the cake pictured will yield approx. 24 servings).  I will also match the helmet style, name, number, and other important details of your firefighter.


Add caption



I'd like to give sincere thanks to my husband, Brian, for his help with this, and to Jen Honeycutt, my photographer who took these wonderful shots for me!  (http://jenhoneycuttphotography.com/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment